8.21.2015

foodie friday: sockeye salmon

Happy Friday, ladies! I'm beyond thrilled to share our first meal for "Foodie Friday"!  I have been following Charlotte on instagram for almost a year now and I must say, her meals are beyond AMAZING! When I decided to start back blogging, I knew I wanted to share meals here, but I needed them to be wholesome and mouth-watering.   I think you'll see that Charlotte's meals are both.  Take it away, Charlotte
 
 
HEY Dolls!!!
I am so excited to be collaborating with Lakeitha and bringing you guys Easy, FUN, Healthy and Creative Recipes to help jumpstart your health journey.
My Name is Charlotte Smythe, an aspiring Blogger and Avid foodie. I decided to incorporate my Passion for cooking and optimizing my health and create a space to share my journey and recipes…Confessions Of A Clean Foodie has become my baby, my passion, my life and my voice.
I do not believe health is about being skinny, or conforming to society’s idea of beautiful. I believe health is about living the best possible life you can and Kicking ASS at it.
I am very excited to share my recipes and tips with Lakeitha's Gang.
Welcome to a taste of my kitchen.

The first recipe is a favorite of mine. It’s super easy, tasty and versatile.
Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon is and should be an important addition to any healthy lifestyle.
It’s filled with Omega3 fatty acids, and contains very low levels of mercury.
Add this recipe to your meal prep routine and you will not be disappointed.


 
 
 
 
Herb Crusted Salmon
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 22 minutes | Servings: 4 | Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

1 lb Wild Caught Salmon Fillet (skin on)
1 Tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp FlavorGod Garlic lovers (or your favorite seasoning blend)
1/4 Tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Rosemary Leaves
1/2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1/4 Tsp Lemon Zest





Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425ºF
2. Line a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Throughly wash and pat salmon fillet dry.
4. Combine EVOO, FlavorGod seasoning, Sea Salt, rosemary, thyme and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well.
5. Rub mixture onto salmon using your hands.
6. Place salmon on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes
8. Remove from oven and let rest for ~ 5 minutes.
 


*Serve with a big chopped salad and homemade Sweet Potato Chips*
 
Make sure you check out Confessions of a Clean Foodie on Instagram!
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious would it be the same for skinless salmon I dislike the skin also love the colors in the meal

Emily said...

Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.